Werk Wednesday

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Werk Wednesdays

Away from the serious and sentimentalism, and on to the sweat!


On Wednesdays, I will post a work-out that I am currently loving. This will help to keep my scattered-brain of mine straight and sane.


This workout is one I have been doing ever since I joined a gym at the young age of 16. It is a mixture of cardio, strength training, and flexibility. On a typical week, but not every week, I try to do this at least 3 times, incorporating different major muscle groups. It is the perfect combination for me! As always, make sure you properly fuel your body with wholesome, nutritious foods to gain lasting results and maximum energy.
Source


You will need: a pair of dumbbells, a stability ball, a bench or chair




Warm-up: 5 minutes flexibility
*I usually do stand and sitting stretches


Cardio: 20 minutes of interval elliptical


  • I alternate 2 minutes low resistance forward-pedaling (level 1 or 2), with 2 minutes high resistance and high intensity backward-pedaling (level 8-10). There should be options on the elliptical for interval courses. The same concept can be done on a treadmill. Various studies have proven short, high intensity workouts followed with low intensity recovery as described above speeds up metabolism and creates results faster.
                                   
Strength training: 30 minutes arms + abs                                          


  • Using a 10-lb dumbell, complete 15 repetitions of alternating bicep curls, tricep extension and chest press
  • Using a preferred weight of choice (I use 35-lb), 20 repetitions of standing oblique side bends, alternating side to side 
  • Using body weight or adding resistance by placing a weighted body bar, complete 20 tricep dips on a bench, chair, or any applicable surface 
  • 50 sit ups on stability ball
  • REST FOR TWO MINUTES
  • Repeat first three steps +  20 bicycling abs with added weight in hand
  • 15 pushups 
  • REST FOR ONE MINUTE
  • Repeat first three steps + 20 reverse crunches on bench or floor
  • 1 minute plank


Cool down: 5 minutes stretching 
*I make sure I take longer to stretch all of the fatigued muscles a bit longer during cool down. 



A workout like this never fails to get my heart pumping, causing me to break a little lot of sweat, and gives my muscles a good burn. 

No matter what, move ya booty and werk!!! 




Disclaimer: I am not a personal trainer, nutritionist or registered dietitian. All of my workouts and meals are what works for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I'd like to recieve feedback on how you like each posts and what you would like to see on Clueless Nutrition! If you have ANYthing to say, feel free :)